- “Japan” a country which was once most devastated after the atomic quakes on Hiroshima and Nagasaki which led this country’s economic conditions to its initialization point. After these attacks on Japan, it was predicted to be listed as the only dead land where not even birds would wander, such was the destruction and words witnessed by their Prime Minister were “It’s Not the END but Just a NEW BEGINNING”.
- And today ‘Made in Japan’ is the keyword that majority of people search on the products/gadgets information tag. It is because of its high natured quality that these products and gadgets are contained with.
- Japan has created a history by recovering up from the atomic attacks and moreover acquiring first position in the progress of technology, discovery and new innovative and efficient machines/gadgets. Readers!! Today I ought to provide some extra-ordinary concepts and inventions by Japan that has led Japan to a large contribution towards technology.
Electronic Skin Technology by Philips
- It is the technology invented by Philips through which we can change the color of walls to regulate the temperature and windows tint to regulate the daylight through the windows or, just imagine that before leaving home we can change the color of the smart-phone according to the outfit.
- The basis of E-skin technology lies in the invention of electronic paper which looks like a conventional paper which can generate bright wash of color through ambient light rendering maintaining the vividness of the color even in bright outdoor conditions. So thereby there is no need of back light which makes it an energy efficient technology.
Hitachi data saver Quartz
- ‘Data’ the 4 alphabet word that is very large in amount in this world. This data is always stored in the digital form on CD’s and DVD’s have a certain limit until which they can be accessed, and that is maximum not 100 years.
- But this Hitachi data saver quartz has the tendency to store data for a few million years with an ability to survive extreme temperatures and hostile conditions without degrading hence it is the key to save and store your collection of songs, movies and research works forever throughout millions of generation.
- Hitachi’s data saver quartz technology stores data in binary form by creating dots inside a thin sheet of quartz that is readable through ordinary optical microscope. The prototype developed of this storage device is about 2 square centimeters with the thickness of 2 millimeters of quartz glass that are used to make the instruments of laboratory.
- The capacity thresholds tested by the engineers are startling as it is resistant to almost all chemicals, unaffected by radio waves and endurance to high temperature up to 1000 Degree Celsius.
The Methane Hydrates: A New Energy Source
- Japan is the country which imports almost all of its energy, which leads it in research of energy source and recently Japan became the first country to successfully extract natural gas from ‘Methane Hydrate’.
- Methane Hydrate, commonly known as ‘Flammable Ice’ which are located in a deposited form about 800-900 feet below the sea bed. This Methane hydrate is a gelatinous cube like substance, though in random shape and it is formed when methane gas is trapped in the ice below the sea-bed.
- We may call it as a magical substance or a trick because though it consists of ice, it burns when heated, which is equal to fire on the layer of water. JOGMEC (Japan Oil, Gas, and Metal National Corporation) presumes the presence of nearly 0.99 Trillion Cubic Meters of this substance near Nankai Trough at Pacific coast.
- If the approximate presumption of JOGMEC is true then Japan could have enough of natural gas to last for at least 11 years and finally Japan would have its own energy source.